
This picture was taken in the Torres del Paine National Park in southern Chile, about 1,500 miles from the capital, Santiago. It is a beautiful area, with glaciers, massive granite towers and beautiful lakes. This is the central group of mountains, called the Cordillera del Paine and the picture was taken from the campsite where I stayed in the park. When I got to the park the weather was bad and all the peaks were covered. The following two days, however, were beautiful and clear and I was lucky to be able to see all the peaks. The main peaks you can see in this range are called the Cuernos (Horns) and behind them are the famous Torres (Towers).
I did a couple of lovely walks in this area, which enabled me to get closer to the mountain peaks and I got some fantastic views. Years ago I had a calendar full of photos of these mountains and never realised they were actually so accessible.
1 comment:
Oooh you got in! Something very strange is going on with Blogger, it wont let me sign in correctly on family blog sign in, having to use my own blog sign in.. will look into it.
Post a Comment