

Here are the final pics from my trip to South America. I thought these two showed the very great contrast in the country. Venezuela is quite a dangerous place: Armed robbery is very common and there is a lot of strong political tension. It was very difficult to get money out of banks and the capital Caracas is a dirty, scary city.
In contrast the countryside is completely magical. This is a picture of the hightest waterfall in the world, Salto Angel. To get there I travelled in a Cessna for over an hour, then for 6 hours up river in a motorised canoe, then an hour's walk. It was very impressive. Another trip I took was along the Rio Caura into the jungle and some isolated villages.
The other photo is of Caracas, the view from my hotel room. Although it does have a bad reputation and it is quite tense in the towns, I did like Venezuela a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment