Thursday, 13 March 2008

Middleton-in-Teesdale






Geoff and I spent a few days in the North East recently. We had weather of all sorts, but being March we went prepared and our enjoyment was not spoiled. We revisited Durham, and were pleased that they now have an excellent Park and Ride. We also went to see High Force waterfall, billed as the longest drop in England. I must say I was a little disappointed as it did not appear much more of a drop than our own waterfall, but it was lovely all the same.The Bowes Museum at Barnard Castle is wonderful inside and out. It was built by a Mr Bowles as a museum for his great collections, so that the public could get pleasure from them too. Unfortunately, he died before the building was finished, which was rather sad after all the work he had put into the project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos Dorothy, I have never heard of Bowes Museum at Barnard Castle although I did go up that way with work. Would have loved to have taken a Bo-Peep at the place.

Had a look at it on the net, very interesting.

Cheers from Bob