
Well I had to do it, didn't I? The compulsory Equator picture with one foot in each hemisphere. This was in a small town in Ecuador, through which the Equator passes. There is an obelisk a couple of streets away which marks where they used to think the equator was, but found out later that it was in the wrong place. The Inca weren't far off either; there is a large rock on top of a hill nearby where they calculated the Equator to be. This blue and yellow line can be seen in a few places in Ecuador and also crosses highways, so you usually know which hemisphere you are in, and therefore also whether you are in winter or summer and which way round your water is going to go down the plughole!
1 comment:
Interesting concept, I always thought the world was flat.
Cheers Bob
Post a Comment