Well today, Saturday, was a scorcher with the mercury up to 35C. In the afternoon I went along to a meeting of our radio club. I left around 3pm, the inside of the car was so hot it would burn your hands. Reckon the temperature inside the car was easily over 50C.
Over Xmas we went to Yuesla's brothers place at Kurrajong, it's a bit on the rural side out his way. Took this photo of a couple of galahs up a tree in his backyard. At first I thought they were stuffed, well perhaps they were it was a stinking hot day. They just did not move, Peter reckons they a mother and daughter.
In Oz to call a person a galah is not very complimentary, meaning they are a bit stupid. To be grammatically correct one has to say, "Y'use a bloody galah, y'use ar". In fact these birds are quite harmless, spending the best part of the day pecking away in the grass for juicy bugs.
This was a difficult photo Suzy. Had to play around with every possible enhancement to get a fair picture of the birdies in shaddow. The sun was behind me but high, such a bright cloudless day.
Bye for now, off to town tomorrow, will take camera, never know we might find something interesting to shoot.
1 comment:
I can see why it would have been hard to get, its brilliantly the way you got some colour in the birds and not have them as a silhouette!
Post a Comment