Monday, 21 January 2008

Well, the wanderer has returned at last. First we had worries about airport strikes. That was sorted. Then that plane crash landed, so we were unsure whether they were coming in to Heathrow or some other airport, or cancelled. Geoff and I drove down to Heathrow. We checked the website before we left and just kept our fingers crossed [when we weren't driving of course] We spent a few hours in Windsor -a very windy place on Friday. In the end everything was ok and the plane was only about an hour late as it had been sent around London for a bit until there was room for it too land.
Kelsie often gets a tan when she is away. I have never seen her so brown before. Working in Leeds will soon get rid of it. She moved into her house Sunday, and started work today. Rather her than me.
I'll not write anymore, as she will do that herself when she gets a computer.
Geoff and I have had a bit of culture recently. We visited the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester, The Royal Armouries at Leeds [both good for rainy days] and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, most of which is outdoors and set in a pleasant park.
It will be gardening time soon if the rain stops. Our river at the bottom of the garden is about 3ft higher than normal. We are very pleased about the 30ft drop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back Geggy!