
I have finally been getting round to arranging all my photos from my trip to South America, into albums, so I have picked a few out. This first one is from Brazil, last September. The Iguacu Falls are bigger than Niagara and compare only with the Victoria Falls, in Africa, in volume and impressiveness. They are on the Parana River, on the border between Argentina and Brazil and reach up to 82 metres in height. The name Iguacu means "big water" and at some places along the falls it is possible to be surrounded by 260 degrees of waterfall (and get quite wet too!) Iguacu is actually made up of about 270 individual falls, the biggest of which is the Devil's Throat, into which the river pours from 3 sides.
To see the falls, and get this shot, I went over in a helicopter which was very impressive. It was like being in a big bee and I got fantastic views. It was great to see just how the falls appear in the massive cleft in the land over which the river flows. It was also possible to walk right alongside the falls on the Brazilian side. There were beautiful rainbows all over the place and the noise was incredible. I love waterfalls and this is certainly one I will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment