Monday, 2 April 2007
Dorfy and Geoff In Cambridge
Geoff and I spent a couple of days in Cambridge last month, and enjoyed it very much. We had good weather, saw some beautiful buildings and ate some very good food. The college buildings are more like cathedrals really; very old and very ornate.



Whilst we were there we visited the University Botanic Garden and saw the best winter garden we have ever seen. It was full of heathers, hellebores, snowdrops, aconites, quince etc; really lovely. One of the glass houses was given to orchids, and we certainly saw them at their best. Some of the colours were amazing. The city is well worth a visit, but I think I still prefer Oxford.As it was term-time we risked our lives getting across the road. There were literally hundreds of bikes coming at us from all directions!



From Dorfy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment